Russian word of the day
From Monday to Friday, we publish Russian words for you to learn. Here are the most recent ones:
- May 12, 2021
We strive to be the best
- Every word we publish comes with a picture, two examples and audio recorded by a native Russian speaker.
- All the previous words are available in a calendar format.
- The audio is available at two playback speeds: normal and slowed down.
- Every noun comes with its declension table.
- Every verb comes with its conjugation.
- When possible, the words come with a list of same stem words.
- When possible, the verbs come with their perfective/imperfective counterparts.
- Our newsletter includes not only the word of the day but also additional exercises.
- Russian lesson of the day allows you to repeat the vocabulary you learn with us, as well as practice declension, verb conjugation and aspects.
- You can learn the words by category with the lists and flashcards.
- And all this is completely free!
Russian words by category
Having started in 2017, today we have 1370 Russian words divided into 55 categories.
Quick links: how to say in Russian...
Russian words for every level
Learn Russian words that correspond to your level of Russian
Start learning Russian with this essential vocabulary that will help you to remove the first bricks from your language barrier.
Russian words for beginners
Essential Russian words and phrases for those who already started but still need to catch up a lot of vocabulary.
Russian words and expressions for those who already speak a little Russian and want to have smoother Russian conversations.