Dasvidaniya in Russian means goodbye.
Dasvidaniya is actually two words, not one: до (until) and свида́ния (meeting). So literally it means until the next meeting.
Dasvidaniya is a formal way to say goodbye and should be used with the people you don’t know and the ones older than you.
Listen to the audio and check out more examples below.
Examples of Dasvidaniya in Russian
До свида́ния, уви́димся на сле́дующей неде́ле!
da svee-dá-nee-ya, u-vée-deem-sya na slyé-du-yu-schyeî nee-dyé-lye
Goodbye, see you next week!
Нам пора́, всем до свида́ния!
nam pa-rá, fsyem da svee-dá-nee-ya
We have to go, goodbye everyone!
You might also like
- How to say excuse me in Russian
- Express confidence in Russian - Audio lesson
- How to say language in Russian - Examples and audio
- Basic Russian greetings - Audio lesson
- Easy Russian - Vocabulary with example and audio
- Learn Russian words with examples and audio
- How to say I love you in Russian - Examples and audio