Privet in Russian means hi / hey / hello. In Cyrilic it’s written приве́т.
Privet is an informal way to say hello and should be used only with friends, relatives or people younger than you.
If you need to say hello in a formal situation, you should use zdrastvuytye (здра́вствуйте).
Listen to the audio and check out more examples below.
Examples of Privet in Russian
Приве́т, как дела́?
pree-vyét, kak dee-lá
Hi, how are you?
Передава́й ему́ приве́т от меня́.
pye-rye-da-váî ye-mú pree-vyét at mee-nyá
Give him my regards. (Say hello to him from me.)
You might also like
- How to say Do you speak English? in Russian
- How to say excuse me in Russian
- Russian proverbs with translation and audio
- Basic Russian greetings - Audio lesson
- Learn Russian words with examples and audio
- How to say "good night" in Russian - Examples and audio
- How to say I love you in Russian - Examples and audio